At SHRM18, HR professionals will gain the tools and resources they need to implement successful HR practices and earn professional development to help their companies succeed. There are over 200 sessions in Chicago, June 17th – 20th making the conference a perfect time to learn and gain new insights.
Here are ten sessions you can’t miss at the upcoming SHRM National Conference:
1. Tsunami or Wave: The Washington Outlook for HR Public Policy
- Michael P. Aitken, Vice President, Government Affairs, SHRM
- Sunday, June 17 2018 12:30 PM – 02:00 PM
- Learn about the current congressional activity as well as federal regulatory and judicial activity so you can better understand how your organization could be impacted.
2. I-9 and E-Verification Compliance: What has Changed and How to Protect Your Business
- Becki Young, Founding partner, Hammond Young Immigration Law
- Monday, June 18, 2018 7:00 AM – 8:15 AM
- Leave with an understanding of the I-9 and E-Verify process including enforcement, procedures and tips to protect your organization.
3. Adaptability Is the New Change – Five Keys to Embracing Change and Transition
- George Carroll, Motivational Speaker
- Monday, June 18, 2018 10:45 AM – 12:00 PM
- Learn how to manage your attitude, mindset and energy to successfully adapt to and handle change and transition.
4. Nine Minutes on Monday: The Quick and Easy Way to Go from Manager to Leader
- James Robbins, President, The Robbins Group
- Monday, June 18, 2018 4:00 PM – 5:15 PM
- Learn a quick and simple blueprint to follow to increase the engagement, motivation and productivity of your staff.
5. How to Audit Your Applicant Tracking Process for Compliance
- Beth Ronnenburg, President, Berkshire Associates
- Tuesday, June 19, 2018 7:00 AM – 8:15 AM
- Learn how to audit and structure your applicant tracking process for compliance with current regulations.
6. Happiness at Work: Be Resilient, Motivated and Successful No Matter What
- Srikumar S.Rao, Ph.D., CEO and founder, The RAO Institute
- Tuesday, June 19, 2018 10:45 AM – 12:00 PM
- Learn how to create a culture that is conducive to helping more of your employees live up to their fullest potential on a daily basis.
7. Mastering Civility: A Manifesto for the Workplace
- Christine Porath, Author, Mastering Civility and The Cost of Bad Behavior
- Tuesday, June 19, 2018 2:15 PM – 4:15 PM
- Discuss the varied ways incivility wrecks performance and robs your organization’s bottom line.
8. Top 10 Ways to Make Your Harassment Prevention Training Impactful and Consequential
- Patti C. Perez, VP of Workplace Strategy, Emtrain
- Tuesday, June 19, 2018 4:00 PM – 5:15 PM
- Learn about innovative techniques you can implement to make your harassment and diversity training sessions engaging, informative and immediately impactful.
9. Closing General Session featuring Sheryl Sandberg
10. Bambi vs. Godzilla: How to Deal With Difficult People
- Bruce D. Christopher, Psychologist, Speaker & Humorist
- Wednesday, June 20, 2018 11:30 AM – 12:45 PM
- Learn who the difficult people are in the workplace, what they do, and what you can do about it.
Discover new innovations and fresh perspectives from HR industry experts. As the world’s largest HR marketplace, SHRM gives you access to thousands of solutions. Meet with Vendors like Peopletrail at Booth #2023. Stop by our booth to see how we can help you improve turnaround times and accuracy. We’ll show you the difference a smart background check makes.