This on-demand accredited webinar is below and will automatically begin in just a moment. To honor SHRM & HRCI recertification credit requirements, fast forwarding has been disabled. Your recertification code will be given at the end of the video.
Employers conducting employment background screening will need to keep compliance top of mind in 2017. With focused regulatory oversight, a growing number of class-action lawsuits and the ever-present threat of data breaches, it’s a good time to touch base on the trending topics impacting screening programs and practices.
- Learn why verifying a job candidate’s past work experience and educational accomplishments are two of the most important background checks an employer can conduct
- Learn why post-hire screening is on the rise
- Learn if employers are permitted to screen employees for prescription drugs
- Discover common flaws in employer drug testing programs
- Learn how to avoid the most common I-9 compliance mistakes
- Discern why using social media to screen candidates is still risky
Participants will gain an understanding of why not all background checks are the same, why post-hire screening will continue to rise, what the EEOC recommends for the screening of prescription drugs, how to simplify I-9 compliance, and tips for navigating the pitfalls of social media screening.